1. Do your prep.
2. Use metal scraper, credit card, anything flat and inflexible to apply a medium thick coat of the vinyl spackling over your stencil.
4. Remove stencil and let dry.
5. Don't rinse all the spackling off in your sink or it may clog. First clean your stencil by wiping it off with a paper towel, then washing it off with water.
6. Place stencil again and fix any missed spots.
7. Lightly sand to take off any sharp edges and smooth to your liking.
8. Paint or stain.
9. To paint a different color than your piece or dry brush, etc., place the stencil to guard your flat surface, then paint (or dry brush, etc.).
10. Top coat.
Let me know if you have any questions,